Saturday, December 14, 2013

wordless stories by Jee Young Lee

         While searching for folktales today online, I stumbled upon these beautiful works of art by Jee Young Lee, a 30 year-old Korean artist.  She creates these beautiful stories in her studio in Seoul, a project called "Stage of Mind".   They so beautifully convey countless stories without any words.  I am speechless!

These are some of my favorites (click each photo to go to its original source):

image source

photo source

 source

      A lot of her work is inspired by folk tales, like this one inspired by Hans Christian Anderson's "The Little Match Girl". 
     Being a huge fan of folktales myself, Jee Young Lee's beautiful works inspired me beyond words.  Check out some more of her work here.  And more here.

xoxo

15 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous!! followed <3
    hope u follow back

    http://iamaleena.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, these aren't of me! they are by artist Jee Young Lee. :)

      Delete
  2. I stumbled across these on my internet travels as well recently! They're amazing, aren't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Super! Amazing!
    Lovely!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughhhh my friend sent me this a few days ago, it's BEAUTIFUL. So jealous of her work.

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm a little behind :P but it's so stunning, I am amazed they are all made in the same room!

      Delete
  5. I've seen some of her work before and I
    think its pretty awesome c: Like a dream
    but then in real :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i already saw these before but i wondered why they seemed so cloudy and dreamlike. it's only now that i learned that they're supposed to be folk tales, haha. cant decide which one's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww. this is so cute and interesting!~

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are incredible! I love art and I love that it differs from person to person, ah it makes life great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such lovely works of art! I really like the third one, it's so beautiful, they all are. I always love your artist posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh my, this is amazing. The cocept kind of reminds me of the pictures of Tim Walker, but the atmosphere and how the pictures are taken are completely different! Wow, I really adore them :) The last one is my favorite I think ^-^

    xoxox The Mad twins

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love being introduced to new artists. thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I hope you enjoy your visit.